To call India from the U.S., just follow these simple dialing directions:
- First dial 011, the U.S. exit code.
- Next dial 91, the country code for India.
- Then dial the area code (2–4 digits — please see a sample calling code list below) and finally the phone number (area code plus phone number equals 10 digits).
9 dec. 2011
How do I call to an Indian toll-free number from US?
- Calling a toll free number in India from the U.S. may seem like a confusing process, but it’s simple once you know the proper codes for international dialing. Dial 011 on the phone first. Dial 91 next, which is the India country code and directs the call to the appropriate country.
- 1 How do I call a landline from US to India?
- 2 How do I dial a landline number in India?
- 3 How do I call an Indian landline number in international format?
- 4 How do you call 022 numbers?
- 5 How do you call a landline number?
- 6 How do you call a landline from a mobile?
- 7 How many digits is a landline number?
- 8 How do I dial a landline number in Goa?
- 9 How do you call an 8 digit number from a landline?
- 10 Which country has +35 code?
- 11 How are Indian phone numbers written?
- 12 Which country has +92 code?
- 13 What is 22 phone number?
- 14 What is the STD code?
- 15 Which city code is 22?
How do I call a landline from US to India?
Here is how to call India from the US
- First, dial the exit US code 011.
- Then, dial the India country code 91.
- Then, dial the area code (2-4 digits) if you’re dialing a fixed line. If you’re dialing a mobile phone, you can skip this step.
- Dial their local phone number.
- Press the call button.
How do I dial a landline number in India?
Mobile to landline NLD dialing: To call a landline phone in different city from a mobile phone, you need to dial the NLD code of ‘0’ followed by the complete 10-digit landline phone number. So, for instance, 0 11 1234 5678.
How do I call an Indian landline number in international format?
When calling an Indian phone number, the country code of +91 needs to entered, followed by the Indian area code and a local (or mobile) number in order to complete the call. If calling from a landline, replace the + sign with 0011 followed by 91 (Indian country code) and then the Indian area code and local number.
How do you call 022 numbers?
Check out the details on how to dial Mumbai:
- Start off with 011 — the U.S. and Canada exit code.
- Next, dial 91— the India country code.
- Then, enter 22 — the Mumbai area code (for landlines only).
- And finally, the 8-digit Mumbai landline number or 10-digit cell number when you want to call Mumbai mobiles.
How do you call a landline number?
Those outside the Philippines will have to do the following: Dial 00 + Country Code (63) + Area Code (2) + 8 digits landline number. Meanwhile, Globe earlier said that it is implementing the eight-digit landline number in the Greater Metro Manila area to give local banks and credit card companies ample time to prepare.
How do you call a landline from a mobile?
The correct format for landline calls from mobile beginning March 18 will be +63 2X-XXX-XXXX, X-XXX-XXX, or 02X-XXX-XXX, depending on the network, with the area code still intact and the prefix number added before the landline number. Example: My current landline number at home is 217-9999 that is under Globe Telecom.
How many digits is a landline number?
Telephone numbers are fixed at eight digits for area code 02, and seven digits for area codes from 03X to 09X, with area codes fixed at one, two, or three digits (a six-digit system was used until the mid-1990s; four to five digits were used in the countryside).
How do I dial a landline number in Goa?
To make a call to Goa from outside the country, dial the international access code plus 91 (international country code for India), then 832 (Goa’s area code omitting the initial 0) and then the local number.
How do you call an 8 digit number from a landline?
Callers from the provinces will only need to do the usual national direct dialing procedure which now includes their Metro Manila contact’s 8 digit number: Dial 0 + Area Code (2) + 8 digits landline number.
Which country has +35 code?
International Dialing Code
|Serial No.||Country Name||Dialing Codes|
How are Indian phone numbers written?
Indian base phone numbers are comprised of eight digits, split into groups of four, like this: 1234 5678. So if you’re placing a call to Mumbai, you might see the number written as 22 1234 5678. In this case, you’ll want to dial +91 22 1234 5678 if you’re calling from a mobile phone.
Which country has +92 code?
According to experts, +92 is the country code of Pakistan, and miscreants use this code and call up unsuspecting cellphone users to siphon off money or lure them into a scam.
What is 22 phone number?
This page details Senegal phone code. The Senegal country code 221 will allow you to call Senegal from another country. Senegal telephone code 221 is dialed after the IDD. Senegal international dialing 221 is followed by an area code.
What is the STD code?
Subscriber trunk dialling (STD) codes are assigned to each city, town, or village. These codes can be between 2 and 8 digits long, with the largest metropolitan areas and cities having the shortest (two-digit) codes: 11 – New Delhi, Delhi. 22 – Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Which city code is 22?
’22’ STD code belongs to ‘MUMBAI’