The term Postal Index Number or PIN is also widely known as PIN code in India.
Postal Zones in India.
|First Digit of PIN Code||Zone|
|2||Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh|
|3||Gujarat, Rajasthan, Diu and Daman, Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|4||Goa, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh|
|5||Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana|
Nog 5 rijen
Readers ask: 5 digit zip code of india? – Kerala Travel Tours
- A ZIP Code is a postal code used by the United States Postal Service (USPS). The term ZIP is an acronym for Zone Improvement Plan; it was chosen to suggest that the mail travels more efficiently and quickly (zipping along) when senders use the code in the postal address. What is my area code India? The Indian country code is 91.
Indiana Covers 957 ZIP CodesFemale Population:
6,483,802 ( More Details)Timezone (s):
Central (GMT -06:00)Eastern (GMT -05:00)
- 1 What is India’s 5 digit zip code?
- 2 Are there ZIP codes in India?
- 3 How many zip codes are there in India?
- 4 What is Gujarat zip code?
- 5 What is a 5 digit zip?
- 6 Is zip code and PIN code same in India?
- 7 What ZIP code means?
- 8 Does ZIP code come before country?
- 9 Who introduced PIN code in India?
- 10 What is zip code of Tamilnadu India?
- 11 How can I find my postal code in India?
What is India’s 5 digit zip code?
India is a country with vastly more people than the US. Their postal code system has six digits which shows they have far more post offices. India does not have a 5 digit zip code. Instead, it has a 6-digit PIN Code – Postal Index Number(PIN).
Are there ZIP codes in India?
India Zip Codes – India Postal Codes / PIN Codes
Postal Index Number (PIN) or PIN Code is a 6 digit code of Post Office numbering used by India Post. Indian Postal Service introduced the 6 Digit Zip code or PIN Code on 15th August 1972, inorder to make the process of delivering letters and parcels more efficient.
How many zip codes are there in India?
There are 9 postal zones in India in which 8 are regional and 1 is dedicated exclusively for Indian Army and is known as functional zone. The very first digit of the PIN code indicates the zone and is allocated across the 9 zones which are spread across the length and breadth of the country.
What is Gujarat zip code?
Pin Code is also known as Zip Code or Postal Code. Gandhinagar Gujarat is located in district Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat, INDIA.
Gandhinagar Gujarat Pin Code.
What is a 5 digit zip?
A ZIP+4 Code uses the basic five-digit code plus four additional digits to identify a geographic segment within the five–digit delivery area, such as a city block, a street or an office building, a post office box, or any other unit that could use an extra identifier to aid in efficient mail sorting and delivery.
Is zip code and PIN code same in India?
PIN code stands for Postal Index Number code. Also known as Zip code or area postal code, Pin code is the post office numbering code system used by the postal service of India, India Post. The PIN was first introduced in India on August 15, 1972.
What ZIP code means?
A ZIP Code is a postal code used by the United States Postal Service (USPS). The term ZIP is an acronym for Zone Improvement Plan; it was chosen to suggest that the mail travels more efficiently and quickly (zipping along) when senders use the code in the postal address.
Does ZIP code come before country?
The postal code goes in the City Line, not the Country Line, on the left or right according to the standard of the destination country.
Who introduced PIN code in India?
These are also known as Zip codes or area codes and each of the six digits has a particular meaning. The PIN Code system was introduced in India by Shriram Bhikaji Velankar, who had served as an additional secretary in the Union ministry of communications.
What is zip code of Tamilnadu India?
1st 2 Digits of PINcode, Postal Circle:
|744||Andaman & Nicobar Islands|
How can I find my postal code in India?
The pin code of Central Delhi is 110001.
- The first digit indicates: northern region = 1.
- The first 2 digits indicate: postal circle Delhi = 11.
- The third digit indicates: sorting district = 0.
- The last 3 digits indicate: the specific post office (Connaught Place) = 001.