Here’s how you can get a SIM card if you are an Indian citizen:
- Step 1: Approach your nearest telecom operator store with your Aadhaar card.
- Step 2: If you want to get eKYC(online Know Your Services), then a hard copy of the Aadhaar is not needed.
- Step 3: You will be asked to give your Aadhaar number.
Meer items•15 aug. 2021
On arrival in India, you can buy a SIM card at the international airport from the kiosks of mobile service providers such as Airtel or Reliance, which are located almost immediately after you clear customs. Alternatively, you can also buy the SIM card from the stores of the cell phone vendors in the downtown areas, including shopping malls.
- 1 How much does it cost to buy a SIM card in India?
- 2 Which is the best SIM card to buy in India?
- 3 Can I buy SIM card online in India?
- 4 Can I just buy a new SIM card?
- 5 Which is the cheapest SIM card in India?
- 6 What is the age limit for SIM card?
- 7 Which is the No 1 SIM in India?
- 8 Which is the No 1 SIM in world?
- 9 Which is the cheapest data plan in India?
- 10 What documents are required to buy a SIM card?
- 11 What is the price of Airtel 4G SIM card?
- 12 What is the cost of SIM card?
- 13 How do I get a new SIM card?
- 14 Can I get new SIM card with same number?
- 15 Can I buy sim online?
How much does it cost to buy a SIM card in India?
Once the documents are verified, you can purchase the SIM immediately (approximate costs Rs. 550 or $10) and will get a 10-digit mobile number. Usually, the SIM is activated within 24 hours, after a confirmation call is made to your mobile phone for verifying the details provided in your application.
Which is the best SIM card to buy in India?
The Best Prepaid SIM Cards for India in 2021
- What Are The Top SIM Cards Offers for India?
- Best Mobile Networks in India.
- SimOptions – Prepaid SIM Cards for India.
- Vodafone – SIM Card Deals for India.
- Jio – Pay As You Go SIM Cards for India.
- Airtel – One of The Best Mobile Network Providers in India.
Can I buy SIM card online in India?
Customers can purchase Airtel, Vodafone and international travel SIM cards from Amazon. Moreover, the online retailer will deliver the SIM card to your doorstep within 24 hours from the date of purchase. Once the verification process is complete then the application will be submitted for SIM activation.
Can I just buy a new SIM card?
If you buy a new phone, you can simply insert your existing SIM and keep on using your existing service as long as the new phone isn’t locked to a different carrier. Likewise, if you travel internationally you can just buy a SIM card from a local carrier — as long as your phone isn’t locked to a carrier.
Which is the cheapest SIM card in India?
If your budget is Rs 200, and want the cheapest data plan, then here is your answer.
- 1.1 Reliance Jio 98 Plan.
- 1.2 Reliance Jio 149 Plan.
- 1.3 Airtel 149 Plan.
- 1.4 Idea 159 Plan.
- 1.5 Vodafone 159 Plan.
- 1.6 Airtel 159 Plan.
- 1.7 BSNL Rs 171 Plan.
- 1.8 Reliance Jio 198 Plan.
What is the age limit for SIM card?
It only gets worse if you are below 18 years old since 18 years is the legal age for any citizen to be eligible to purchase a SIM card in India.
Which is the No 1 SIM in India?
Which is the No 1 SIM in world?
|Rank||Company||Total subscriptions (in millions)|
|1||China Mobile Communications Corporation||940.86 (January 2021)|
|2||Bharti Airtel Limited||458.00 (Dec-2020)|
|3||Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited||410.73 (January 2021)|
|4||China Telecom Corp., Ltd||352.55 (January 2021)|
Which is the cheapest data plan in India?
Airtel 2020: List of prepaid plans, offers, price, data, validity
|Rs 149||2GB||28 days|
|Rs 249||1.5GB per day||28 days|
|Rs 399||1.5GB per day||56 days|
|Rs 449||2GB per day||56 days|
What documents are required to buy a SIM card?
Here are the documents you’ll need if your operator allows you to get a new SIM without Aadhaar.
- Address proof, with photocopies (such as a rent agreement, electricity bill, bank passbook, etc)
- Government-issued photo identity proof, with photocopies (such as driving licence, passport, voter ID, etc)
What is the price of Airtel 4G SIM card?
An Airtel SIM card costs ₹50-100, some vendors may charge more. Swapping a 3G SIM to a 4G SIM is free. Activation takes usually around 24h.
What is the cost of SIM card?
Prepaid SIM Costs
Assuming you can get through the paperwork barriers, buying the same bundle elsewhere costs 248 rupees. You’ll also need to add whatever the vendor feels like charging you for the SIM card, likely somewhere in the region of 50-100 rupees. My Idea package cost 199 rupees.
How do I get a new SIM card?
How to Get a New SIM Card (6 Steps)
- Report your cell phone lost or stolen if that is the reason you need a new SIM card.
- Ask the representative about the cost of your new SIM card.
- Visit an official store that is owned by your cell phone provider with your phone in hand to retrieve the SIM card.
Can I get new SIM card with same number?
Step 1) Reissuing a duplicate sim requires some documental formalities, for that you need to visit the operator store. Step 2) Ask the executive that your sim was lost and you want to reissue the new one with the same number. Step 5) It will take few hours in the activation process of the new sim card.
Can I buy sim online?
According to us, ordering a SIM card online and getting it delivered has made life easy for many. Just visit our postpaid connection page to buy a sim card online and leave the rest to us, our team will be more than happy to deliver a SIM to your doorstep at a time of your convenience.